Sometimes the best thing you can do is not overthink a meal. This is a quick and easy family favorite! It’s perfect for lunch or times you just aren’t able to plan ahead and need something quick that tastes good and satisfies even picky eaters. Homemade chicken salad is a family favorite and it is easy to make.
This meal only takes five ingredients and goes from the fridge or pantry to the plate.
- Apples - diced (1 medium apple for 2 cans of Chicken)
- Celery - diced (2 diced stalks or 1/4 cup for 2 cans of Chicken)
- Red Onion - diced (1/4 cup)
- Mayo - to taste (1 .tbsp at a time until you have the desired consistency)
- Try our homemade paleo-mayonnaise recipe below or order paleo approved mayo from Tessemae and saved a step! It's delicious.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 egg yolks
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp of organic Lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried mustard or dijon mustard
- Dump everything into a bowl and mix! Serve on a bed of lettuce, in lettuce cups or in a hollowed out bell pepper! The opportunities are limitless!
- Grapes pair really well with this chicken salad too, in lieu of or in addition to the apples. You can also add walnuts for crunch. Don't be afraid to get creative!
- In a tall narrow cup - start with egg yolks and lemon juice, then add remaining ingredients. Us an immersion blender (stick blender like this one) starting at bottom and slowly incorporating ingredients upward as the bottom emulsifies.