Acorn Squash Porridge
Prior to going Paleo I ate oatmeal almost every morning. So of course that is something I have missed and my mornings have been a little less delicious. That is until I discovered this recipe. This is so good!
- acorn squash - 1/2, inside only (skin removed), mashed with a fork
- almond butter - 1 tsp
- full-fat coconut milk (from a can) - 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- raw honey or pure maple syrup - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- toppings of your choice: fresh berries, chopped nuts, chopped apples - about 1/2 cup or to taste
- Mix together squash, almond butter, coconut milk, and cinnamon.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes, until it reaches your desired degree of warmth.
- Carefully remove from microwave and stir in raw honey. Raw honey tends to be pretty solid, so swirling it in the hot porridge will make it melt and distribute evenly.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon and add fresh berries, apples, and/or chopped nuts if you'd like.