Asian flavors aren’t easy to achieve in an AIP recipe, but chef has done a pretty good job here. This recipe also shows how easy it is to make your own mayonnaise. Add an extra egg to this recipe to make it more of a spread to use for sandwiches. You can use this Asian inspired recipe as a base and make it your own. Add herbs that you like, have fun with it!
AIP Asian Aioli
- 1 cup avocado or extra light flavored olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 T. apple cider or white vinegar
- 2 T. coconut aminos
- 1 T. minced fresh garlic
- 1 T. minced fresh ginger
- 1 t. sea salt
- 2 T. sliced scallions
- Pour oil into a wide mouth jar and crack the egg into it. It will sink to the bottom.
- Add the vinegar, then submerge an immersion blender to the bottom of the jar, turn on high and blend until mayonnaise is formed.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy this aioli dip with chicken wings, shrimp or crudité.