Ok, everybody loves bacon. And, who doesn’t love the taste of cheese? Sadly thats a flavor combination you had to remove from your diet in order to follow an AIP diet. That is until now. Chef created this recipe for an AIP Bacon Cheddar Scallion Dip. Best served warm, this dip will no doubt become a regular on your party menus. The best part is how simple the dip is to put together. Definitely add nutritional yeast to your pantry so you can whip up cheesy dishes like this one.
AIP Bacon Cheddar Scallion Dip
- 2 lbs cooked butternut squash (peel, seed, chop and boil the squash until tender, drain)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 T. nutritional yeast
- 2 T. sea salt
- Process this mixture until smooth.
- ½ lb bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and finely chopped
- 2 oz. scallions, thinly sliced
- Mix the minced bacon, scallions and the yellow cheese (squash mixture) until thoroughly combined.
- Reheat the mixture in a saucepan and serve warm with pita, crudité, potato chips, tostones, roasted brussel sprouts, hamburger bites.