Growing up my parents had a group of friends from college that got together monthly at someones house. I loved when it was at our turn because mom always made French Onion Dip. You know, that kind made from the Instant Onion Soup mix? Once again not AIP compliant because of the preservatives in the mix and the dairy products used. Chef Ann came to the rescue and has created with this AIP French Onion Dip. Make sure to make it early so that it has time for the flavors to meld together. I would make it the day before then refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
AIP French Onion Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cold coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 t. garlic powder
- Plantain or Potato chips, for serving
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and sage. Cover and cook until onions are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Put chilled coconut cream in a bowl.
- Stir in the cooled caramelized onions, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cover dip and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors blend.