AIP Oktoberfest Potato Dumplings and Red Cabbage
- 3 medium white Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup cassava flour
- Large pot of boiling, salted water
- 1 medium red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 apples, any type, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt
- In a 375 oven, bake the potatoes until tender. Remove the flesh from the potatoes into a bowl. Mash until smooth and then add flour gradually until a soft dough forms, not too sticky, not too dry. Using a small scoop, make balls of the potato mixture and drop into the boiling water. Simmer them until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Sauté sliced cabbage in olive oil in a large skillet until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar, cover and simmer until the cabbage is completely tender, if needed, add a little water or chicken stock to keep it from sticking and burning, stir it often and add the apples during the last 5 minutes of cooking, about 30 minutes total.
- Season to taste with salt
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/