AIP Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Hummus
Hummus is a universally liked snack food. But, a traditional hummus is made with garbanzo Beans and tahini, both of which aren’t AIP, because of the inflammatory potential. Cooking the garlic cloves in olive oil brings out the flavor in this simple creation. For a thicker dip, wrap the cauliflower in a sheet of cheesecloth to wring out some of the moisture, then pureé with the other ingredients. Serve with your favorite fresh cut vegetables. Yum!
- 8 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Put the olive oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic cloves and simmer on low for 8-10 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- Remove the cloves and oil they were simmered in and place in a food processor with the cauliflower, lemon juice, and sea salt. Process for a minute or two, until a thick puree forms.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with parsley and olive oil and surrounded by sliced carrots, celery, cucumber and zucchini slices or warmed POTG tortillas to dip into the hummus.