Many of you have enjoyed our sugar cookie dough that we offered as a product in the past. Although we have decided not to bring it back as a product, we wanted to give you the recipe so you can enjoy the entire cookie making experience from start to finish at home. Get everyone involved and establish a new, Autoimmune Protocol-safe holiday cookie making experience for the whole family. Get the ingredients together and make an evening of it with the family! Take pictures and share them with us on social media!Print
Sugar Cookie Dough with Vanilla Icing For Rolled cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut butter, softened in microwave until creamy
- 1 cups coconut cream
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- Beat shortening, maple syrup, and vanilla in a standard mixer or food processor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the dough from the processor into a container with a lid or wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for 3 hours to let it rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. When ready to make cookies, remove dough from refrigerator and let it sit out for an hour or so until it is soft enough to roll out. Transfer the dough to a large sheet of parchment paper, use your hands to pat the dough down into a round circle, sprinkle it with flour, and then place another piece of parchment on top of it.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick, then cut into desired shapes, continuing until all of the dough is used.
- Put the sheet in the oven and allow the cookies to bake for 5-8 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate for an hour or more before icing.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Sugar Cookie Dough with Vanilla Icing