What’s not to like about this recipe?! It’s spicy, has Jalapeno’s stuffed with chorizo, and it’s wrapped in bacon! This is a great cocktail party appetizer, and it’s also good for football games and as tailgate food!
- fresh bulk chorizo sausage - 1 pound
- jalapeno pepper - 12 large
- nitrate-free bacon - 1 pound
- Other - toothpicks - 24
- Stuff the peppers well since the chorizo will shrink as it cooks.
- Roll the bacon so it is 20-30 percent longer than its original length, as seen on the right.
- Add water to the bottom of the pan to avoid smoke.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pour water in the bottom of a large, rimmed baking sheet. The water will keep your oven from smoking up as you bake the jalapenos. Set a rack in the pan. Set aside.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and core.
- Using a small spoon (I use a baby spoon), fill the jalapenos with chorizo. The chorizo will shrink as it cooks, so stuff them pretty full.
- Lie the bacon on a cutting surface and, with a rolling pin or pastry roller, roll each bacon piece out to be about 20-30 percent longer than its original length.
- Cut bacon in half crosswise and wrap each stuffed jalapeno with bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Place jalapenos on the rack set inside the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chorizo is cooked through.
Scope them out for great paleo resources, meal plan ideas, and tasty recipes!