Save those ripe bananas!
I have this problem. When doing my grocery shopping I try to guess ripeness of a bunch bananas and how long they might last as well as how many I will eat. There are almost always one or two that turn all soft and brown before I can eat them. Like most people I used to just throw them away. But I have learned to simply put them in the freezer to use at a later date, for Banana Bread!
Wholesome Banana Bread Paleo Style
You can always use fresh bananas when baking, but freezing bananas is a great trick a wise baker once told me. Doing this actually increases the natural sugars within the banana and makes them great for baking. Our chef has done it again, turning this classic dish Paleo with Banana Bread with Fudge Drizzle.
Banana Bread with Fudge Drizzle
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed thoroughly
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with coconut oil and flour with almond or cassava flour.
- Cream ghee and sugar together.
- Add eggs, bananas and all other ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Mix to just combine. Don’t over mix.
- Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Only fill your loaf pan half way, do not overfill. Any extra batter use another pan or make muffins.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- After inverting the cooled cake onto a plate, use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over the entire cake.