We’re excited to share a great brunch recipe, inspired from Amanda Shapin, from Shapin’ Up!
Banana Coffee Freezie + Paleo Eggs Bennie
Write a review
Ingredients for 2 Servings of the Freezie
- 3 cups of iced coffee (brewed the night before) [Organic, fair trade coffee is ideal]
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1 cup full fat organic canned coconut milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 5 ice cubes
- Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp of Grade B Maple syrup/sugar or Coconut sugar (optional, don't add any sweeteners if on the 21 Day Sugar Detox!)
Ingredients for 2 Servings of the Eggs Bennie
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- Truffle salt
Directions for 2 Servings of the Freezie
- Put it in a blender and mix! Amanda says if you want lower calories and a bigger kick, use less coconut or almond milk and more coffee.
Directions for 2 Servings of the Eggs Bennie
- Start by poaching your 2 eggs. If you want a heartier breakfast, do 4 eggs, 2 for each person.
- While that’s cooking, cut up the salmon and the place it on the plate.Amanda suggests Wild Smoked Salmon from Trader Joe’s.
- Next slice up the avocado and place on top of the salmon
- Once the eggs are ready, immediately place on top of the avocado, sprinkle with a dash of truffle salt and eat it asap!
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
For more recipes from Amanda, be sure to visit Shapin’ Up!