Rich, creamy and decadent are words you could use to describe this delicious Carob Mousse from Chef Ann. Everyone here loved it, the only comment made was that it could be sweeter. We intentionally kept it low in natural sugar, but you can always add more dates if you’d like! This is our first specificially keto DIY recipe, so I was amazed by how rich, creamy and chocolaty this was. Having the fresh raspberries on top really made it pop. Fresh strawberries would work perfectly, as well. Aside from being really good and satisfying, it is a very simple recipe to put together. Definitely try this at home!
- 2 ripe avocadoes, flesh
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 12 sugar free pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water to soften
- 2 1/2 cups coconut cream skimmed off top of can
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, scoop out the ripe avocado flesh, carob powder, sugar free pitted dates, coconut cream and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth - about 1 minutes on high speed.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse into ramekins and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
Carob Mousse with Raspberries (AIP)
Per serving: Calories 270, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 10mg, Carbohydrates 33g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 23g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.