Did you know that there are recipes for Carrot Cake dating back to 1827? Carrot Cake has been voted the best cake many times and is consistently voted fifth in the top five cakes of all time. It had a surge of popularity in the seventies and has continued to evolve since. But, have you ever had a Carrot Cake Cookie? Not just any Carrot Cake Cookie, but a Paleo Carrot Cake Cookie? Oh yes, you read that right. They are soft, moist and oh-so-delicious.
Paleo Carrot Cake Cookie
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (peel carrots and grate finely on box grater)
- Cream together ghee and coconut sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together, then add to ghee mixture, along with carrots and fold until everything is incorporated.
- Using a small scoop or tablespoon, scoop up tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough onto the parchment paper. Leave enough room between each cookie so that they can spread out while baking.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Prep time is 10 to 15 minutes, baking time is 12 to 15 minutes.
- The finished cookies are very delicate while warm. Let them cool before removing from baking sheet with a spatula.