Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts split and pounded to even thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1¼ cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Lemon slices or wedges , to serve
- Season chicken with garlic powder and salt.
- Squeeze the lemon juice of half a lemon over each fillet, rubbing it into each fillet.
- Add the flour to a shallow bowl and dredge each breast in the flour; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat until pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken).
- Transfer onto a warm plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the stock.
- Season with salt and continue to cook to reduce down slightly (about 6 minutes).
- Add in the coconut cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add the arrowroot mixture into the sauce to thicken it.
- Pour in the lemon juice, allow to simmer gently for a further minute to combine.
- Stir in the Italian herbs.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, cover with the sauce and serve over cauliflower rice, steamed vegetables or zucchini noodles.
- Garnish with lemon slices or wedges and parsley.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/