Paleo Teriyaki Sauce Exists!
What is it about Teriyaki flavor people can’t seem to get enough of? Most traditional teriyaki sauces contain Paleo no-no’s like soy sauce and corn starch. However, you won’t find any of that in this teriyaki recipe. All you need is just a few ingredients.
Paleo Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl, all the flavor and clean too!
Get some fresh organic vegetables, hormone free, antibiotic free chicken and some of our Riced Cauliflower and you’ll have the makings for a great Paleo Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl. This is the perfect dish to bring to work for lunch as it’s both filling and delicious. Your coworkers will be jealous when they smell the rich teriyaki and see the colorful veggies.
- 3 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 Red bell Pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 Carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 3 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 small Onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 T. minced fresh Ginger
- 2 T. minced Garlic
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 T. Lightly flavored olive oil
- In large saute pan, pour 1 T. olive oil
- Add onions and saute for a minute and set aside
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan and saute carrot, then set aside
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan and saute red bell pepper, then set aside
- At the same time in a small saucepan, put coconut aminos, honey, ginger, garlic and half the scallions, simmer until reduced by half
- In the vegetable pan, add one final tablespoon of oil and saute the chicken strips until partly done, then transfer them to the pot with the coconut amino teriyaki sauce and simmer the chicken in the sauce to finish the cooking process
- In a large bowl spoon a few scoops of cauliflower rice into the bottom and neatly arrange the different vegetables over the top of the rice, finishing with the chicken slices and garnishing with some sliced scallions.