Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day
When I have the time to prepare a nice breakfast I like to have options. These savory Chorizo Breakfast Patties fit the bill perfectly! Thought up by our C.O.O. Marc Roark, he likes to cook once a week and make things that he can grab and go. For these breakfast patties he started off with some No Sugar Chorizo from Pederson’s Natural Farms. His recipe calls for some awesome ingredients such as chopped bell pepper, Beef tallow and crushed Grass-Fed Pork Skins (yum). The pork skins add to the overall flavor and act as a binder, as well. Pair with some eggs for a quick meal or make breakfast burritos using our Paleo Tortillas. So many options!
- 1 lb package of Pederson's No Sugar Chorizo
- ½ cup, diced Spanish onions
- ½ cup, diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup, ground up grass fed pork skins
- 1 tbs, POTG grass fed beef tallow
- In a ziplock bag crush/grind up enough pork skins to make roughly a full cup of pork skin crumbles.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chorizo, onions, bell peppers and pork skins and mix by hand.
- Form the combined mixture into approximately 1 oz patties.
- Place the Cast Iron Skillet on Medium heat and allow the beef tallow to completely melt, coating the entire skillet.
- Place the patties in the skillet and let them sizzle away until cooked all the way through.