Looking for a Burger Alternative?
Here’s a fun way to literally spice up your regular burgers. Adding fresh chorizo (not the cured kind) creates a much juicier and more flavorful burger. How can you go wrong with adding spicy pork and guacamole to something? By the way, this guacamole recipe is so good that it stands on its own.
Pederson’s All Natural Farms Provides the Solution
We carry Pederson’s Natural Farms No Sugar Chorizo Ground Sausage and recommend using it for this recipe because it meets and exceeds our quality standards for meat.
- 1lb Pederson’s Chorizo
- 1lb grass fed ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T. sea salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 T. finely chopped parsley
- 3 ripe avocados, removed from skin and mashed
- 1 plum tomato, brunoise
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Mix together all ingredients for guacamole. Refrigerate.
- Combine all ingredients for the burgers. Form (4) 8 oz patties. Grill on both sides until golden brown.
- Finish cooking on tray in 375 oven until an internal temperature of 155 is reached.
- Top each burger with a large dollop of guacamole, and some lettuce and tomato alongside.