Ok, this was some seriously good “riced cauliflower”. The flavors of lime, cilantro and the toasted coconut topping were absolutely delicious. Some may think that cauliflower rice is a fad, but for those who cant eat real rice, it is a godsend. Being able to recreate the texture of rice and prepare it just as you would the real thing is amazing. My favorite thing is that you can use it to soak up sauces and gravy on your plate! Whats your favorite cauliflower rice recipe?
Cilantro-Lime Island Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup Kelapo coconut oil
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 T. chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 T. toasted coconut flakes
- Remove leaves and core from cauliflower.
- Put florets into processor and pulse until small rice grain sized pieces are formed.
- Zest the lime and squeeze juice from it.
- Toast 2 T. unsweetened coconut flakes in a small pan until golden.
- Finely chop cilantro and scallions.
- Heat coconut oil in large saute pan, add cauliflower rice grains and saute, stirring frequently. Add lime juice, zest, coconut cream, cilantro, scallions and salt.
- Stir well.
- Taste a bit to see if it is tender enough. If not, cover and steam for another minute or two on low heat.
- Remove from heat and serve sprinkled with toasted coconut flakes.