Crock Pot Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
The delicious flavors of Morocco in this crock pot version of beef tangine.
Write a review
- beef roast - 2 pounds, cut into one-inch cubes
- paprika - 2 tsp (I used 1 smoked and one regular)
- sea salt - 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- ground ginger - 1 tsp
- ground cumin - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper - 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- yellow onion - 1 medium, chopped
- garlic cloves - 4-6, minced
- diced tomatoes - 2 14.5-ounce cans
- butternut squash - 2 pounds, peeled and cubed (Mine was pre-cut from Costco.)
- fresh cilantro - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Place cubed meat in a large bowl.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Pour spices over beef and stir to thoroughly coat meat with spices.
- Combine onion, garlic, and beef in crock pot.
- Pour tomatoes over mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in squash and increase heat to high. Cook for about 90 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Taste mixture and add more salt and crushed red pepper, as needed.
- Stir in cilantro and serve in shallow plates or bowls.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Recipe submitted by the always awesome Paleo Table.
Scope them out for great paleo resources, meal plan ideas, and tasty recipes!