A taste of Cuba, Paleo Style!
Tender and juicy pulled pork and sautéed plantains and carrots on top of riced cauliflower, doesn’t that sound good? We thought so! Another in our series of rice bowl dishes, this Cuban Rice Bowl is my personal favorite. Living in Florida there is a lot of Cuban food around and this dish has the authentic flavors you would expect. Make sure you give it a try
- 3 cup Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb Pulled slow cooked Pork
- 1 Sweet Plantain
- 2 T. ghee
- 2 carrots
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 1 t. dry oregano
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Peel and dice carrots into small ¼” dice. Saute them in 1 T. olive oil until cooked through.
- Put 2 T. ghee in a saute pan and slice sweet plantain and fry slices in the ghee.
- In small saucepan, put all mojo sauce ingredients and bring to simmer. Add pulled pork and cook until completely heated through.
- Put a few scoops of cauliflower rice into each bowl, top with the diced carrots, arrange the sweet plantain slices over the top and put a nice mound of mojo pulled pork in the center.
- Drizzle rice with extra mojo sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.