The perfect way to describe this awesome recipe is bar food gone Paleo! There’s always a healthy REAL food way to eat the things you used to love before you realized they were tainted with chemicals and preservatives. Paleo on the Go takes pride in making those things from scratch and supplying you with the ability to create tantalizing palate treats.
Make Healthy Fried Mac N Cheese with Spaghetti Squash
In this dish, we take spaghetti squash and transform it with our signature Paleo Cheese! Using Straight From the Farm Cheddar we bring you Fried Mac N Cheese!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Dry mustard
- 1 t. Granulated garlic powder
- 8 oz straight from the farm cheddar
- 1 T. Nutritional yeast
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 6 slices bacon cooked until crisp and then finely chopped.
- 2 cups beef tallow, pork fat or duck fat
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds, place facedown on sheet tray with water and roast in 375 oven until done. Remove all spaghetti from squash halves and put into bowl.
- Reduce coconut milk in sauce pan until thickened. Add dry mustard, granulated garlic, nutritional yeast and melt in the paleo cheese. Taste for seasoning. It should look and taste like a cheese sauce.
- In large bowl, put spaghetti squash, fold in cheese sauce until creamy like mac & cheese then spoon into baking pan. Bake in a 375 oven until golden brown on top.
- Let cool, then refrigerate to firm it up.
- To Bread & Fry
- Heat fat in a sauce pan until 350 degrees.
- Set up breading station with bowl of otto’s flour, whisked eggs, and water combined to make a batter and plate of almond flour mixed with ground bacon bits.
- Remove mac & cheese from refrigerator and cut into small squares.
- Dip each square into flour/egg batter, then almond/bacon mixture, pressing it on well with hands, then deep fry each square in the fat until golden brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Can be reheated in a 350 oven.