This past April, Paleo On The Go attended Paleo FX in Austin, TX. We had a blast meeting so many wonderful people in the Paleo community, and learning all about Ancestral Health. One particular speaker at a charity dinner really struck a chord with us, and we felt truly represented our core values as a company. His name is John Moody, and he is the Director of the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund. I recently had a great conversation with John Moody, and I am eager to learn all about sustainable farming practices so that I can better serve my customers, and be a steward to the community.
What is The Farm To Consumer Legal Defense Fund?
The FTCLDF is a non-profit organization that protects the rights of farmers and consumers to engage in direct commerce; it protects the rights of farmers to sell the products of the farm and the rights of consumers to access the foods of their choice from the source of their choice. FTCLDF is a true grassroots organization, and receives no government funding, and little or no corporate funding. We at Paleo On The Go decided that we wanted to learn much more about this Organization, and offer our support for such an important cause!
Paleo On The Go is pleased to announce that we will be attending the Food Freedom Festival coming up August 14th-16th 2015, in Staunton, Virginia!
What can you expect at the Food Freedom Fest?
- An engaging Annual Food Freedom Conference featuring distinguished and successful activists for food freedom from the local, state, and national levels;
- An extravagant 2.5-hour Deluxe Tour of Polyface Farm, one of Americaâ€™s most innovative sustainable agriculture endeavors;
- An encouraging Nutritional Therapy Association Business Summit educating health care consultants and practitioners on how to build their businesses;
- A one-of-a-kind private event, A Premium Night at Polyface, with the Salatins and special guests;
- And enjoyable nutrient-dense, local, pasture-based and seasonal fare prepared with love and care!
What are we hoping to gain from this experience?
Of course we are looking forward to enjoying the real food, fun, and the fellowship at this event. We are excited to tour the largest sustainable farm, and learn all about sustainable farming practices. However, we truly want to gain an understanding as to what is happening to small farmers and food based businesses around the country. We want to learn where most conventional raised food comes from, and how people can more easily access real food from local farms. We want to learn what we can do to help support these farms, and spread the word about sustainable agriculture. We feel that by understanding what is going on with our food, we can better serve you, our valued customers, with the best possible options. We are looking forward to this experience, and sharing what we learn with you!
Dave Rohde, CEO
You can read up on my experience at PaleoFX 2015 by visiting this page.
Visit our Food Sourcing page to learn more about how Paleo on the Go supports sustainable farming.