Make this easy and paleo friendly “candy” to help you resist the pull of all that low quality candy floating around this time of year. These chocolate bites are full of good fats, antioxidants, and minerals to nourish your body while also indulging in a sweet treat. You can also add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unrefined, virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla (powder or extract)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Melt coconut oil in sauce pan.
- Add coconut butter. Whisk to combine.
- Then whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour carefully into a silicone mold tray. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Pop out and eat right away.
- Keep in mind that these will melt fairly easily in a warm environment.
Karen is a certified nutrition consultant, trained chef, and real food enthusiast. You can find out more about her at WWW.GOPRIMALBYKAREN.COM