Grilled Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
A simple recipe for tender and juicy grilled chicken drumsticks.
Write a review
- several chicken drumsticks
- salt and pepper to taste
- other seasonings as desired (paprika, cumin, taco seasoning, bbq rub, curry powder, Borsari seasoning)
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and/or some other seasonings. The picture above has Borsari seasoning on it, which is one of my favorite mild-tasting seasoning rubs.
- Preheat your grill on high heat. Place the drumsticks on one side of the grill and replace the cover. After a minute or two, turn off the heat below the chicken; leave the heat on the other side of the grill on high or med/high – you are looking for a grill temperature for 350-400 degrees. Let the chicken cook for 30 minutes and turn them over (also rotate the drumsticks to the opposite end is now facing the hot part of the grill).
- If you’re up for it, this would be a good time to brush on a little melted butter/ghee on the drumsticks. It adds an extra layer of richness to the chicken, but it’s not altogether necessary: the chicken’s fat does a great job on its own.
- Let it cook for another 15 minutes and then check its temp with a meat thermometer (you’re looking for 165 degrees). If it’s not there yet, just keep checking it every ten minutes.
- That’s it! This is also my tried-and-true method for cooking chicken thighs (bone-in) and quarters, although each of them take a little longer to cook through.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Recipe created by The Domestic Man– Russ just released a great cookbook as well! We understand that everyone’s body is different and reacts differently to every food.
Check out The Domestic Man‘s points and make the decision for yourself 🙂