Instant Pot AIP Homestyle Pot Roast
Probably one of my favorite comfort foods is a classic homestyle pot roast, all juicy and tender with carrots and onions piled on top of some creamy cauliflower mashers. I love the way cooking a pot roast makes the house smell, especially on a cool wintry, rainy day. You could add some Japanese Sweet Potato’s too if you want, yum!
- 3 lb grass-fed chuck roast
- 2 medium onion, sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or grass-fed tallow
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups bone broth or water
- Turn Instant Pot to “saute.” Add the oil.
- When shimmering, add the pot roast.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on first side until brown, then turn to sear other side.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Top with sliced onion and carrots.
- Pour in the water or broth.
- Close and lock the lid. Set Instant Pot to “meat/stew” and “More” for 70 minutes.
- After the 70 minutes are up, press keep warm / cancel and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before turning the nozzle to venting and release any remaining pressure.
- Serve with sweet potato noodles or cauliflower mashers.