Instant Pot AIP Lemon Herb Roast Chicken
Instead of waiting an hour and a half for a chicken to roast, try this easy Instant Pot version of roast chicken. It also yields a nice bit of juices that can be made into a gravy or used as a soup base, simply strain it and save it the freezer for later. Using the Instant Pot to cook a chicken is so easy and incredibly versatile. The chicken was moist, flavorful and fall off the bone tender. You can quickly debone the bird and have delicious chicken ready to eat, however you want it.
- 1 whole (approximately 4 lb) pastured chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1½ cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- In a small bowl, combine thyme and salt.
- Rub seasoning over outside of chicken.
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Heat oil in the Instant Pot to shimmering.
- Add chicken, breast side down and
- cook 6-7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves.
- Lock Instant Pot lid and set for 25 minutes on high or “more” setting.
- Open quick release vent to depressurize.
- Remove chicken from instant pot and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with Cauliflower mashers or baked sweet potatoes and a green vegetable.