These are some of the most addicting paleo party snacks I’ve ever had. The great thing is, they don’t even need to be made for a special occasion; they can be made simply any time you’d like.
Paleo Jalapeño Poppers Recipe Details
As long as the seeds are scooped out, these aren’t very spicy at all. The cashew cheese and crispy bacon (we suggest using Pederson’s Natural Farms No Sugar Bacon) is enough to make nearly anyone salivate. Be ready to add this to your ‘favorite recipe’ stash.
- 12 whole jalapeños, split lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 lb. cashew cheese*
- 2 t. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 t. minced onion
- 1 t. sea salt
- 12 strips of Pederson’s bacon, cut in half
- *Soak 1/2 lb. raw cashews overnight in water.
- Put into food processor and puree until a smooth cream cheese like paste is formed. Stir in the onions, garlic and sea salt.
- Put a tablespoon of cheese into each jalapeño half and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and wrap in a half slice of bacon to enclose the cheese. Hold bacon in place by skewering with a toothpick.
- Lay out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until bacon is crisp and peppers are tender.