This soup is another Kielbasa recipe that we recently tested here at the Paleo On The Go headquarters. We immediately decided to add this to our menu, so needless to say, we REALLY enjoyed it!
Try out the recipe for yourself by getting the Kielbasa separately here! The premade soup is coming very soon!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz Kielbasa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (about 3)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz kale, thick ribs removed, chopped
- 2 white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ “ dice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage, while leaving oil in pan, and drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Return pot with oil to medium heat, add carrots, onion, and celery and saute 3 minutes (while scraping bottom of pan to get the browned bits), add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken broth,parsley, rosemary, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow to gently boil 10 minutes. Add kale and sweet potatoes and allow to boil 10 minutes longer until kale and veggies are tender. Stir in cooked sausage.