Swap out that Kale bitterness with some sweet and savory deliciousness! Try out this recipe for savory kale with coconut milk and bacon, you will love the flavor combination.
Kale with Coconut Milk and Bacon Recipe
Write a review
- fat of choice: grassfed butter, ghee, coconut oil, lard, etc. - 1 Tbsp
- nitrate-free bacon - 3 slices, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Vidalia onion - 1/2 cup, diced
- kale - 1 1½-pounds, washed, stems removed, and chopped (I used 3 small bunches.)
- unsweetened full-fat coconut milk - 1 cup
- beef stock - 1 cup
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon over medium heat until it is crispy and renders fat, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a towel to drain.
- Add onions to bacon fat and cook until translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add kale and sauté until it wilts, stirring occasionally to combine with the onion. If more fat is needed, add 1 Tbsp of the fat of your choice.
- Add coconut milk and broth and continue to cook until kale softens to your liking, 10 to 20 minutes. Add additional coconut milk or broth to pan if it is too dry.
- Add bacon back to pan and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss gently to combine.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Recipe submitted by the always awesome Paleo Table.
Scope them out for great paleo resources, meal plan ideas, and tasty recipes!