Lamb Kabobs with Mint Chimichurri
Tender lamb is cooked just right and then served with the vibrant mint chimichurri sauce.
- lamb stew meat - 2 pounds
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- sea salt - 1 Tbsp
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- 8-inch bamboo skewers - 12, soaked in water
- Mint Chimichurri
- fresh garlic - 2 large cloves, minced
- fresh mint leaves - 2 cups, chopped
- flat-leaf Italian parsley - 2 cups, chopped
- lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- sea salt - 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Put lamb in a shallow baking dish or bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to coat. Marinade 1 hour or longer. The longer you marinade, the more tender the lamb will be. I always try to marinate mine for an entire day.
- Preheat broiler. Place lamb 2-3 inches under the broiler and broil until just lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side until the meat is brown, about 2-3 minutes. (Alternatively, grill on a grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through to medium rare).
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately with chimichurri.
- Mix the garlic, mint, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, oil, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl. Spoon on top of kabobs or alongside for dipping.
Paleo on the Go http://blog.paleoonthego.com/