This recipe is all about freshness. The beautiful fresh salmon is the star with the fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest boosting the freshness profile. We cooked this in the oven but it would also be great to grill outside. You could make salmon kebobs with the pieces of salmon and vegetables then baste with the herb mixture. I think I know what I am cooking tonight!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 3 oz Olive oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Place all ingredients except for salmon in a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Place the salmon fillets on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the salmon with the lemon herb mixture, evenly spreading it over the tops of each fillet.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees on the top or second to top rack for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Alternately the fish can be broiled on the top rack of your oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. This method will give you a bit more crunchy, caramelized crust.
Lemon Garlic Herb Salmon (AIP)