Just because you are living a Paleo Lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to go without treats.
Our Executive Chef created this cheesecake recipe using Bubba’s Fine Foods Apple Cinnamon UnGranola to make the crust. The Cashew “cream cheese” is rich and velvety, just like the real thing. Don’t deny yourself a treat now and then. If you are craving cheesecake, give this recipe a try!
- 1 package Bubba’s apple cinnamon ungranola, processed until fine crumbs
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- 1 # raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight in plain water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cheesecake layer: drain and process cashews in bowl of food processor until smooth and creamy, put in mixing bowl with eggs, maple syrup and vanilla and blend, scraping down sides until cheesecake batter forms.
- Crust: Reserve two tablespoons of granola for garnish. Process the rest of the granola into fine crumbs and mix with the melted ghee. Press into a pie tin and prebake at 350 for 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Pour cheesecake batter into shell, sprinkle with reserved granola, and bake at 300 for 45 minutes until batter sets and toothpick comes out clean.