You can use this festive Summer Berry Trifle with Vanilla Cake recipe that we found created by Jenni over at The Urban Poser, for any summer event you’ve got coming up and we guarantee that you won’t have leftovers…even though, if you man age to save any for yourself, we do think it gets even better somehow as the flavors begin to meld together after a day or so! Alright, on to the recipe!We loved this recipe because it is beautiful and caught our eye first of all. But also because upon further inspection of the recipe, we found it to be pretty simple to make, even with the most laborious part is the coconut flour French pound cake part of course, but it is SO worth it. After the cake is done, whipping up some coconut cream and the assembly of it all is a breeze. Since we were making this recipe for a pretty large gathering of friends and family, and because I love an excuse to use my trifle dish, I decided to follow Jenni’s suggestions to make double the amount of cake and add a little more cream and berries and it turned out great.
- Berry Trifle2017-06-09 12:55:05Write a reviewIngredients
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 whole eggs (2 of them separated)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil/ghee, softened or liquid
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tblsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2-2 cups washed & diced strawberries (cut large if using a traditional Trifle bowl)
- 1 1/2-2 cups washed blueberries
- 1 1/2-2 cups washed raspberries
- 3-4 cans full-fat coconut milk, cream only
- Honey or choice of sweetener optional to taste
And click here to go to the full instructions on how to make your new favorite trifle!
Be sure to try this recipe ASAP and let us know how much you and your friends enjoyed it! We all owe Jenni a big THANKS for this one! Happy Memorial Day!