Two thumbs up for this Mexican “Rice” Bowl
Here is another in our rice bowl series. I love Mexican food; fresh cilantro, red onions, tomatoes and don’t forget the avocado and shrimp Yum! The flavors are all so fresh and tangy. You can make it as hot or mild as you like, just add more jalapeño. The cauliflower rice is key to this dish. It adds texture to the dish and tastes great, too. Who needs rice and beans when you have a great alternative like this?
- 3 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Jalapeno, finely minced
- 3 Tomatoes, small diced
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 T. chopped cilantro
- 3 T. minced red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ lb shelled deveined Shrimp
- In large saute pan, pour 2 T. olive oil, add shrimp, cook until pink and set aside.
- Remove the avocado from its skin and remove pit, then thinly slice it.
- Put a few scoops of cauliflower rice into each bowl.
- Neatly arrange the avocado slices and pico de gallo over the top of the rice, finishing with the sautéed shrimp and garnishing with some chopped cilantro.