Mom, What’s for Breakfast? Paleo Oatmeal!
I used to love eating oatmeal for breakfast. I’d load it up with whatever fruit I had on hand, usually blueberries and banana. When the chef said she was going to make Paleo Oatmeal, I was skeptical. However, it actually ended up tasting like a delicious cross between oatmeal and french toast. This dish comes together quickly making it a great option for you and the kids (if you have them) to have a hot, nutritious grain-free breakfast in the morning. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
PS If you saw the Facebook broadcast you were able to see how quick and easy it is to make this dish. If I were to make it at home I would probably have to add blueberries because I love them, but wow was this good!
- 1 cup apple – chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of cloves
- optional: more cinnamon, maple syrup
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat and sauté apple for 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut cream, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp vanilla, dash of cloves and add to pan you cooked apples in.
- Use a silicone spatula to whisk constantly over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Lift pan from heat if egg begins to cook too quickly.
- Remove from heat and stir in apples.
- Top with cinnamon and maple syrup.