My Love For The Classic Tuna Melt
I love classic diner food, yet I’m paleo. The Tuna Melt Sandwich was my all-time, favorite go-to as a kid. I’d get them from my neighborhood eatery religiously. A cheesy tuna melt on a nice crispy rye bread makes my heart and taste buds sing. Regrettably (not so much because I feel better without it), I cant eat bread anymore and have cut dairy from my diet. Then, we came out with the Yiddish Kitchen Everything Bagel. The savory goodness on the outside of this Paleo breakfast bagel is awesome! Our chef started brainstorming fun ways to dress up this already delicious Paleo treat.
Open Faced Tuna Melt on an Everything Bagel (Diner Style)
In classic diner style, we served this recipe open faced. Finally, we topped it with delicious tuna salad and melted Straight From The Farm Cheddar Cheese, just like your old favorite diner. With the savory bagel, tuna salad and melted “cheese,” I am in diner heaven. This recipe is a must try. Our employees gave it two thumbs up!
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tsp. minced onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced celery
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- 3 T. paleo mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 Everything Bagel (get these from POTG)
- 1 package POTG Straight from the Farm Cheddar, sliced thin
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup lightly flavored olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Cut the everything bagel in half lengthwise and toast in a toaster oven or broiler.
- Drain tuna, and in a bowl mix tuna, mayonnaise, onions, garlic, celery, and celery salt until well combined.
- Scoop out onto the toasted bagel halves, top with the thin sliced cheddar cheese
- Place under a broiler or in a toaster oven to melt the cheese.
- Place all ingredients into a jar and submerge an immersion blender to the bottom.
- Turn it on high and it will form the mayonnaise.