Courtesy of The Domestic Man
You can’t have BBQ without the BBQ Sauce, and our friend The Domestic Man has a delicious recipe that is totally Paleo compliant! Now you can dip your meats and have a clear conscious and happy body. This paleo bbq sauce is full of mouthwatering yumminess, and it will soon be your new favorite condiment.
Check other great recipes from Russ at THEDOMESTICMAN.COM
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 28oz cans whole tomatoes in juice
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tbsp date molasses
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- 4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 bay leaf
- Mince the onions in a food processor and set aside.
- In a dutch oven, heat up the coconut oil on medium for a few minutes. Add the onion and saute until the onion becomes translucent, about five minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and just as it starts to boil, set the heat to low. Simmer for two hours, using a potato masher to break up the tomatoes as they cook.
- After two hours, remove the bay leaf and blend the sauce in batches until it’s smooth.
- Return the now-smooth sauce to the dutch oven and simmer for another 30 minutes. Or, if you have an immersion blender, you can just blend it in the pot.
- If the sauce isn’t thick enough, you can add more honey or molasses and cook it for another 30 minutes or so.