Paleo Beef Fajitas with POTG Tortillas !
We are all familiar with the sizzling sound of hot fajitas at Tex-Mex restaurants. This classic southwestern cowboy dish is filling and delicious. The addicting flavor and aroma comes from the traditional marinade, which is adds a bunch of flavor.
It tastes so good, but the ingredients are so wrong!
Unfortunately, at restaruants, fajitas are usually not a real-food dish.The meat is usually cooked t in cheap vegetable oil, soy sauce, and other unsavory ingredients. The tortillas are usually made with harmful wheat flour.
Let’s make it paleo!
Since we carry POTG Tortillas (which can be purchased here), we thought, “why not make a paleo version of this dish?” Here’s what our Chef came up with. We know it will satisfy that tex-mex craving you have!
- 1 ½ - 2 lb Flank or Skirt Steak
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Poblano Pepper (or green bell pepper)
- 2 White Onions
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T. Paleo Worcestershire*
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 2 t. cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 t. salt
- POTG Tortillas
- Extra chopped cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Put steak and marinade, turning to completely coat. Let marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Slice onions, bell peppers and poblano peppers into thin strips (remove seeds from peppers).
- Mix sour cream ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan over high heat and grill steak on both sides for 3 minutes until medium rare doneness. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes. In same pan add some olive oil and saute the peppers and onions lightly, until crisp tender, letting them pick up some of the flavor from the grilled steak.
- Warm the tortillas in a 350 oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Set up a fajita building station.
- Tortillas – Steak – veggies – sour cream – fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp paleo fish sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- In a small saucepan, mix ingredients together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate.