One of the Best Paleo Winter Soups
With most of the country in the throws of winter, we thought we would make hearty soup to warm you up. We asked the chef to come up with a recipe for Paleo Chicken Tortilla Soup, and boy did she do a good job! Crisp fresh vegetables, stewed tomatoes, our fabulous Chicken Bone Broth and lots of Cilantro are the stars here. If you want to be really authentic you could cut our POTG Tortillas into strips and fry them up to top off the soup.
This is a quick and easy soup to put together whether you are cooking for one or for the whole family.
Paleo Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb. of cooked chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 T. tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 3 limes
- 2 T. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté onions, peppers and zucchini for a minute.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and add chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer, add tomatoes, tomato paste, cilantro, scallions and squeeze juice of two limes into the soup.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add chicken to pot and heat all the way through.
- Serve garnished with diced avocado on top of each bowl and a lime wedge.