Paleo Pancake Blintzes with Blueberry Compote
Paleo Pancake Blintzes are a great way to start your weekend! The recipe is a bit labor intensive but the taste is well worth every moment spent in the kitchen prepping and cooking. Try it out!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch nutmeg
- See below.
1. Soak cashews overnight
2. Drain and puree in food processor combining maple syrup and nutmeg.
3. Top plantain cake with 2 Tbl. of cashew cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- Simmer blueberries in water until they burst
- Add maple syrup to taste- up to 1/2 cup
- Spoon warm blueberry compote over the top of the paleo pancake filled with cashew cheese.