If you go to Reese’s website to check out the nutrition facts and ingredients of their famous Peanut Butter Cups, it won’t be long until you notice that they’re labeled “Gluten-Free”. While this is a slick marketing technique, it doesn’t really mean it’s any healthier than it used to be. It’s still full of toxic additives, preservatives and stabilizers, not to mention the processed dairy that’s full of antibiotics and growth hormones.
Executive Chef Ann created this real food recipe so you can enjoy this type of candy without any of the junk! You could make a double batch and keep some on-hand in the freezer for when you need a little treat!
- 12 oz bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 T. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Mix together almond butter, honey, vanilla, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer, place a metal bowl over it and pour in chips. Stir until fully melted.
- Line up foil candy cups on a tray and spoon in two teaspoons of chocolate into each, using a spoon to spread it up the sides of each cup to form little chocolate cups. Spoon a teaspoon of nut butter filling into each little cup and then top with another two teaspoons of chocolate smoothing over the top to cover the filling.
- Place tray into refrigerator to harden up and set the candies.