Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
Write a review
- 6 lg eggs, whisked
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 ¼ cup + 3 tbs non-dairy milk (coconut preferred)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Optional Strawberry Topping
- 6 strawberries + addtl
- 3 tbs coconut milk
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet into dry and gradually combine until your batter is well mixed. It will be a bit thicker than traditional pancake batter. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of your milk.
- Melt oil in a skillet on the stove on low-med heat. Be sure you use a pan that you can put a lid on.
- Take 1/4 cup batter and place it on your skillet. Shake lightly or use the back of a spoon to spread your batter out a bit. If you have room, feel free to make more than 1 pancake at a time, but be careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cover your skillet with a lid and cook until bubbles begin to form on top. Use a spatula to flip your pancake. Cook for an additional 30 seconds before removing from the pan. Continue until you have used all batter.
- For optional strawberry topping, muddle strawberries and combine with 3 tbs coconut milk. Add an additional strawberry and muddle if it is too thin for your liking. Plate your pancakes and add your strawberry topping. For extra flair, add a few extra sliced strawberries!
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Find this recipe and more on Personally Paleo’s website!