Another perfect dish for St. Paddy’s Day and Spring. The combination of the creamy sauce, zucchini spaghetti (aka zoodles), and fresh shrimp is incredible (This dish, like the others WAS made by our executive Chef Ann!). try your hand at our amazing Creamy Pesto Shrimp Zucchini Noodles , you won’t be disappointed.
Plus, the green won’t only match your St. Patrick’s Day outfit, it means it’s full of awesome nutrition! Enjoy!
- 1 lbs. Large shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 3 cups chopped fresh basil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut cream,
- 2 T. ghee
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In small bowl put basil garlic and olive oil and puree with immersion blender until smooth.
- In a large saute pan, melt ghee over medium/high heat.
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes (stirring couple times) or just until the shrimp begins to turn light pink.
- Add the pesto and coconut cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add zucchini noodles and continue cooking for additional 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and noodles are tender crisp.
- Remove from the heat, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.