Twice Baked Acorn Squash with Chicken Sausage and Kale (AIP)
Having friends over for dinner and you want to impress them with your culinary prowess, but still want something that is simple to prepare? Well then, this Twice Baked Acorn Squash with Chicken Sausage and Kale recipe is for you. The most difficult part is cutting the Acorn Squash in half. The creaminess of the twice baked squash, the sweetness of the apple and the bitterness of the kale all come together to make this delicious dish. I love this stuffing and could be served a bowl of it and be a happy camper. Give it a try, you won’t be sorry!
- 2 whole acorn squash cut lengthwise, and seeds removed
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh Kale
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 # ground chicken meat
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 T. minced fresh garlic
- 1 T. chopped rosemary
- Sea salt
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease pan and lay squash halves cut side down on the tray. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove and turn squash upside right to release steam.
- In a large saute pan, fry the chicken meat until no more pink is showing. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, mushrooms, kale and salt. Cook for 5-8 minutes to steam the vegetables. Stir in the diced apples at the end. Stuff the acorn squash halves with the chicken mixture.