A great addition to any party menu is hummus. But, traditional hummus is made of ingredients that aren’t AIP compliant. So, our chef got to work and developed this recipe for a simple, delicious and fully AIP compliant Lemon Garlic Hummus. The best part is how easy it is to make. Just add all ingredients to your food processor and blend. If you entertain this is a great AIP recipe to use! Some of us here prefer this to traditional hummus!
AIP Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 1 lb drained frozen or canned artichoke hearts (rinse well)
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Carefully drain the artichoke quarters, pressing down on them so that the hummus won’t be watery. Mince the garlic clove finely.
- Add the drained artichoke hearts and peeled garlic to a mini food processor or similar and pulse until they are roughly chopped. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the oil and lemon juice, then process until the hummus is thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Serve with paleo pita triangles, crackers or crudité.