Classically made with Champagne Vinegar, cracked pepper and minced shallots, our Oysters Mignonette is fully AIP. You can make up the Mignonette Sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator, allowing the flavors to meld. Then simply spoon a little sauce over your freshly shucked oysters and enjoy!
Oysters are packed with iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and Vitamin B-12. Some people may be intimidated by preparing oysters, but they are actually very simple to prepare. It is important to examine the oysters you have purchased. Throw away any that have broken shells. If you see one that is open, tap on the shell. If it closes that means it is alive and healthy. If it doesn’t close, throw it away! At the same time if you are serving Steamed Oysters and there is one that doesn’t open, throw it away!
- 1 dozen fresh live oysters in shell
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- 2 T. very finely minced red onions
- Using oyster knife, pry open the oysters and loosen meat with the knife. Discard top shells.
- Lay the oysters out on a serving tray over a bed of ice.
- Mix the vinegar and onions together and let steep for about an hour. Serve oysters cold with a teaspoon of the mignonette over each one.