AIP Poached Lemon Dill Salad over Cucumber Rounds
A well rounded appetizer menu should have a seafood option available. Here is a simple, clean and easy to prepare dish that your guests will love. Source the freshest fish possible then poach the night before your get-together to make the day of less stressful for you. The delicious poached salmon salad served on top of the cucumber creates a taste so fresh and sophisticated your guests will marvel at your culinary abilities.
- 8 oz salmon filet
- juice & zest from one lemon
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- In a small sauté pan, heat about 2” of water until simmering.
- Gently lower the skinless salmon filet into the water and poach for 5-7 minutes until cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove salmon with a spatula and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl and gently break into small chunks with a fork.
- Add lemon zest and juice, coconut cream, dill, scallions, and salt and toss together until evenly mixed.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each cucumber round, and top with additional dill for garnish.