AIP Sliced Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream on Sweet Potato Chip
I love this appetizer! Cutting the sweet potato into thicker slices then baking them makes for a nice “cracker”. We’ve topped it with arugula, grass-fed filet and a little coconut creamed horseradish, but you can be creative and top it with all sorts of things. If I were to do this at home I think grilling would be my preferred method of cooking the filet. Getting a little char on the meat would add great contrast of flavors. This is a great dish for entertaining!
- 1 lb grass fed beef tenderloin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup horseradish
- 1 oz arugula or watercress leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into ¼“ slices. Spread onto a parchment lined sheet tray and bake 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Season the beef tenderloin with sea salt on both sides. Heat an oven safe saute pan over a medium high heat and sear it turning once, then transfer to 400 oven and bake until 130 internal temperature (for medium rare), about 8-10 minutes. Check with thermometer. Remove pan from oven and set aside to let the meat rest.
- Mix the coconut cream and horseradish together.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin across the grain. Lay out the sweet potato chips, put one slice of tenderloin over each chip, top with a few arugula leaves and a teaspoon of horseradish cream.