Just in time for Halloween, A clean version of an old classic candy
We all know we can’t subsist on solely candy. The paleolithic humans weren’t eating chocolate bars, that’s for sure. Some of us do enjoy the occasional, though. You CAN radically improve the quality of your candy if you make it from scratch from real food, paleo ingredients. Check out the comparison below.
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups vs. POTG’s Almond Butter Cups
POTG’s Almond Butter Cups Ingredients: ENJOY LIFE CHOCOLATE CHIPS, ALMOND BUTTER, HONEY, VANILLA EXTRACT, SEA SALT
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients: MILK CHOCOLATE [SUGAR; COCOA BUTTER; CHOCOLATE; NONFAT MILK; MILK FAT; LACTOSE; LECITHIN (SOY); PGPR (EMULSIFIER)]; PEANUTS; SUGAR; DEXTROSE; SALT; TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS)
If you want to go the clean route it only takes minutes! Make these for special Halloween treats for friends and family using our recipe below!
- 12 oz bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 T. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Mix together almond butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a bowl and set aside
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer, place a metal bowl over it and pour in the chocolate chips. Stir until fully melted
- Line up foil candy cups on a tray and spoon in two teaspoons of chocolate into each, using a spoon to spread it up the sides of each cup to form little chocolate cups. Spoon a teaspoon of nut butter filling into each little cup.
- Top with another two teaspoons of chocolate, smoothing over the top to cover the filling
- Place tray into the refrigerator to harden up and set the candies.