I find the flavors of Indian cuisine to be very comforting. It’s kind of like an international comfort food. I love a good curry, whether they are hot and spicy or mild like this one. As always, whenever possible use ingredients that are fresh, organic and clean. We also use a good quality organic, cold pressed coconut oil from Kelapo.
The blend of spices we know as curry has been around for thousands of years and this our paleo take on the dish. Give the recipe a try and be sure to let us know how it turns out, or if you have a favorite recipe to share.
Basil Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry
- 1 lb chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into slices
- ½ lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Kelapo Coconut oil
- 3 T. Curry powder
- 1 T. Minced ginger
- 1 T. Minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 2 t. sea salt
- Heat ¼ c. coconut oil in large pan
- Add chicken and stir until fully cooked, remove and set aside.
- Add another ¼ c. coconut oil to pan then vegetables and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add last ¼ cup coconut oil to pan
- Sweat ginger, garlic and then add curry powder. Stir.
- Then add coconut milk and bring to simmer.
- Simmer until thickened
- Add salt and basil, then add chicken and vegetables back to pan and stir to fully coat.